Wednesday 19 January 2011

A2 Media Studies - Evaluation Q2

How effective is the combination of your main product (video) and ancillary texts (digipak and advertisement)?


A successful music video will make a clear visual link with its ancillary products, and I made sure I did this. 

I made sure that I used images that was clear to be linked with our music video for my digipak. For example, I used images where the artist is the main focus. You can see this on the front cover of my digipak. 
Front cover Digipak
scene from the video
As you can see here, the artist is clearly shown in the picture. I also used this picture because the artist is wearing the same outfit as in the video. This aspect would also allow the audience to recognise that both the music video and the digipak are linked together.

As for the advertisement, I used the front cover of my digipak so it is easily regocnised, as well as the digipak with the music video.




No comments:

Post a Comment